The ethnographic collection with exhibits from the
19th and the first half of the 20th century tells a story about the life and
work, as well as the housing culture of the inhabitants of Črna na Koroškem and
the surrounding farmhouses.
Among other items in the forestry and woodworking
collection, the most notable ones are the 300-year old larch-tree trunk from
Koprivna, and the 200-year old maple-tree growth rings from Primož na Pohorju.
The Herc sawmill and the mill with wooden flumes
and a dam were built around 1914. Today, the whole complex is restored and
falls under the protection of cultural heritage areas.
Dwarf Land is located at the edge of a forest in
Gmajna, near Slovenj Gradec. Visitors are driven into the dwarf forest where
mythical creatures like fairies, Perkmandeljc the playful mining dwarf, ghosts,
and water men come to life.
The permanent exhibition pays special attention to
using grain, as well as the process of making bread from planted seeds. It thus
represents the most important values of the farmers' food culture.
The Stonecutting, Glassmaking and Forestry Museum
collection is supplemented by an open-air museum.
The Prežihov Voranc Cottage is a memorial museum
dedicated to Lovro Kuhar (1893–1950), a Slovenian writer whose pen name was
Prežihov Voranc. The cottage is located in Preški Vrh over Kotlje. There are great
views of the Uršlja Gora Mountain and the Hotulja Valley from the cottage.
The history of fishing in Koroška; aquafarming; the
role of fishing throughout the years; the recreational and economic value of
sports fishing, as well as fish feed are presented on the premises of the
Koroška Ribiška Družina Fishing Society by the River Drava.
Everyday items from the life of raftsmen,
photographic materials, and a display of the old living environment along the
banks of the River Drava show visitors how exciting but also tiresome and often
dangerous raftsmen's work was.
A permanent collection about the food culture of
the people from the area of Libeliče is set up in the renovated old kitchen at
the Libeliče Parish House. Visitors will experience a time when kitchens were
still covered in black soot and smoke.
A permanent exhibition about how the miners used to
live is on display at the Mežica Lead and Zinc Mine administration house, and
is part of the Podzemlje Pece Tourist Mine and Museum.