The museum collection is set up at the Josipdol
Cultural Centre, and mostly comprises of shard and glass fragments from the
former glassworks, operating in Josipdol and Langesvald from 1799 to 1909.
Particular attention is also paid to quarrying, which was on the rise after
Among other objects, simple tools are on display,
formerly used for the cutting of tonalite from the Pohorje Hills. The museum
collection is supplemented by an open-air museum, where a glass furnace, a
timber slide, a stonecutter's hut, a granite block cutting machine, and a
charcoal pile are on display.
For the more curious visitors, the locals will happily demonstrate the
art of stonemasonry.
Reproduced from: Koroška Regional Museum